Title: Head of Corporate Development
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Forty Seven Inc. is committed to helping patients defeat their cancer. We are advancing immune-oncology through the engagement of new and complementary phagocytic pathways that enhance anti-tumor efficacy and selectivity.
Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, this individual will provide strong business leadership in assessing, developing and executing long-range strategic plans through financing's, grants, acquisitions, collaborations and licensing agreements. Identifies, investigates, and analyzes new pharmaceutical opportunities, leads cross-functional teams to complete (technical, IP, legal, CMC and business) diligence, negotiates and completes agreements, ensures implementation.
Education & Experience:
- Ten+ years of relevant experience in biotech or pharmaceutical companies, including extensive track record of identifying and evaluating deals and executing transactions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences and executives. Ability to build and facilitate relationships between organizations
- Deal sheet demonstrating leadership in identifying and evaluating deals, driving business decisions and negotiating complex arrangements
- MBA with advanced science degree. In-depth understanding of biopharmaceutical discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization processes. Understanding of mechanisms for financing private and public biotechnology companies. Experience/training in oncology is a plus.
- Position may require occasional evening and/or weekend commitment
- Position may require working with biological and/or chemical hazards
- Position may require occasional travel (~25%), domestic and international.